Sony A8 (AH8) OLED TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I want one that sits close to the wall but can pull out should I need to swap hdmi etc as they all run in a channel in the wall so like the Sony one I guess I’ll have a look in j l

What wall bracket you guys use ? I looked at the official one it’s £249
I put mine straight onto the wall bracket that had my old plasma on I just swapped the fittings for the rear of the TV over. Got it years ago I think off Amazon?!

The one on the wall now is an LG one that has vesa for 300x200 and 400x200

Last edited:
What wall bracket you guys use ? I looked at the official one it’s £249

Don’t pay that. I asked the same question but ended up buying a ultra VonHaus bracket from Amazon. I had used this brand previously for bedroom tv’s and was perfect again. Was very cheap compared to others and I can work out why you would pay so much more.

Just had a look at the vonhaus I want the cantilever type one so it’s easy to pull out to swap cables over without lifting it off.

Just had a look at the vonhaus I want the cantilever type one so it’s easy to pull out to swap cables over without lifting it off.

When I asked the question sanus mounts were recommended and I believe they do the type you are after.

I’ll have a look

I would like to ask the owners if the Tv plays movies through network from NAS Synology

I would like to ask the owners if the Tv plays movies through network from NAS Synology

Some of us had the question if Sony does something similar to LG regarding the the panel refresh (as its called by LG) the answer from Sony UK is as follows:

Generally, due to the characteristics of the materials used for organic EL displays to achieve high-definition imaging, the display is susceptible to screen image retention.
Panel calibration is a function that optimizes the screen and reduces image retention or enhances the image in dark scenes.

NOTE: Panel calibration is performed automatically a few hours after the power is turned off with a remote control.

Don,t think it would be a good idea to turn off the TV by switching off at the mains switch. TV wont do the Panel Calibration when it is NOT in standby (NO POWER), so turn it off with the remote control off button and leave the mains switch in the ON position.

Last edited:
Some of us had the question if Sony does something similar to LG regarding the the panel refresh (as its called by LG) the answer from Sony UK is as follows:

Generally, due to the characteristics of the materials used for organic EL displays to achieve high-definition imaging, the display is susceptible to screen image retention.
Panel calibration is a function that optimizes the screen and reduces image retention or enhances the image in dark scenes.

NOTE: Panel calibration is performed automatically a few hours after the power is turned off with a remote control.
Poor choice of words it's a panel refresh not panel calibration.
Calibration is the setting up of your TV by a professional calibrator.

This is from Sony's website.

Yeah bad choice from Sony if u ask me
Well Its a matter of opinion, keep in mind that SONY has been producing most of the professional TV equipment for years, so does that mean that LG's nomenclature of the procedure is correct or more consumer oriented?
Youre gues is a s good as mine :D

What measures do you take to prevent burn in on the A8 with programs with logos such as bbc breakfast or good morning Britain ( which burnt my LG b6 is been written off by LG and I’m looking to get a new TV set but unsure wether to get the A8 oled or the Sony h9505 led 65 inch tv.

Sure does, im running plex on a NAS drive and watching 4k movies streamed from the NAS on the TV with no issues at all.

Anyone know what the new software update does? I’m hoping that it gets rid of the annoying message about power consumption.

Edit: I have updated my tv and the message is still there.

Last edited:
Sure does, im running plex on a NAS drive and watching 4k movies streamed from the NAS on the TV with no issues at all
I run the network diagnostics and show me my Logitech Media server as OK but in the 2nd row the SYNOLOGY NAS appeared as failed ...

Coming from a LG b6 the picture quality should be better on the A8 ?
Watch mainly terrestrial tv Netflix Amazon Disney plex from a nas

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom