• KD65XH9005

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KD55A8

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

jpmfan007

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've had my current TV (Samsung UE48H6400) for over 5 years now and looking to get in on the 4K content. TV mainly used for an hour or 2 of TV shows (SkyQ) per day and watching motorsports (UHD) and movies on a weekend. Looking for something that will look great when watching movies, initially HD Blu-rays (4K Blu-Ray player will come later) and streaming services in 4K. I wouldn't be planning to do any gaming on this TV so 4K120 of next-gen consoles isn't a must have.

I think I've narrowed it down to KD55XH9005 (currently £999), KD65XH9005 (£1,199) or going to OLED with the KD55A8 (£1,599). Not planning to spend more than the £1,599 and with all looking out for any potential black friday deals coming up.

What would recommendations be in terms of something that will work well for movie watching but also perform well for day to day content?
Recently started to get concerned with burn-in on OLED, how much of a concern should i have with this, read a few articles and watch some 6 month and year long tests of this.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Last edited:
I've had my current TV (Samsung UE48H6400) for over 5 years now and looking to get in on the 4K content. TV mainly used for an hour or 2 of TV shows (SkyQ) per day and watching motorsports (UHD) and movies on a weekend. Looking for something that will look great when watching movies, initially HD Blu-rays (4K Blu-Ray player will come later) and streaming services in 4K. I wouldn't be planning to do any gaming on this TV so 4K120 of next-gen consoles isn't a must have.

I think I've narrowed it down to KD55XH9005 (currently £999), KD65XH9005 (£1,999) or going to OLED with the KD55A8 (£1,599). Not planning to spend more than the £1,599 and with all looking out for any potential black friday deals coming up.

What would recommendations be in terms of something that will work well for movie watching but also perform well for day to day content?
Recently started to get concerned with burn-in on OLED, how much of a concern should i have with this, read a few articles and watch some 6 month and year long tests of this.

Suggestions much appreciated.

I'd always say go for the largest screen that you can. Where have you got the 65Xh9005 at that price seems far too expensive. You can get the 65XH9505 for £1499 from Richer sounds and I expect that price to fall further on Black Friday and beyond. The OLED will give the best dark room movie viewing and images but the XH95 will in my opinion give the best all round viewing and motion and obviously a larger screen. Burn in gets people fired up with some saying it's hardly ever seen but you only have to read all the threads on here to know that sadly it is a very real risk. If you avoid channels with lots of banners and fixed images like news and sports and games then you should be fine. I have young kids so can't risk oled and went for the XH95 and I'm very pleased.

I'd always say go for the largest screen that you can. Where have you got the 65Xh9005 at that price seems far too expensive. You can get the 65XH9505 for £1499 from Richer sounds and I expect that price to fall further on Black Friday and beyond. The OLED will give the best dark room movie viewing and images but the XH95 will in my opinion give the best all round viewing and motion and obviously a larger screen. Burn in gets people fired up with some saying it's hardly ever seen but you only have to read all the threads on here to know that sadly it is a very real risk. If you avoid channels with lots of banners and fixed images like news and sports and games then you should be fine. I have young kids so can't risk oled and went for the XH95 and I'm very pleased.

oops got one to many 9's and not enough 1's in the 65" price, it was £1,199. Seen on John Lewis, mainly been looking there and also Richer Sounds.

how does the XH95 compare against the XH90?

oops got one to many 9's and not enough 1's in the 65" price, it was £1,199. Seen on John Lewis, mainly been looking there and also Richer Sounds.

how does the XH95 compare against the XH90?

No worries I figured it was an error of sorts just wasn't sure which model you meant. The XH95 is a much better set than the XH9005 but the latter is a very good set. I would go for the oled over the XH9005 but think the XH9505 gives oled a run for it's money due to its wide angle filter and very good blacks and contrast levels. I reckon if you hold the XH95 will drop by £100-200 by the Black Friday onwards.

No worries I figured it was an error of sorts just wasn't sure which model you meant. The XH95 is a much better set than the XH9005 but the latter is a very good set. I would go for the oled over the XH9005 but think the XH9505 gives oled a run for it's money due to its wide angle filter and very good blacks and contrast levels. I reckon if you hold the XH95 will drop by £100-200 by the Black Friday onwards.
interesting, just looking at dimensions for the XH9505 and annoyingly the feet on the ends means it would not fit on the TV unit, the narrower setting won't allow Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar to fit inbetween which the XH9005 seems to fit perfectly.
Your point about OLED has made me think longer term if it's the best choice with kids.

interesting, just looking at dimensions for the XH9505 and annoyingly the feet on the ends means it would not fit on the TV unit, the narrower setting won't allow Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar to fit inbetween which the XH9005 seems to fit perfectly.
Your point about OLED has made me think longer term if it's the best choice with kids.
Yeah the feet are a pain. I had to turn mine inwards and the soundbar sits in front. You struggle to get a good central stand at the 65" upwards size. The XH9005 thread is full of lots of happy owners and it's just got a new update for the hdmi 2.1 and apple tv. I think I'll eventually get an oled but I've lost count of how many times ours is paused for god knows how long or left on a disney channel for hours etc etc 😆

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom