Sony A73 and A7R3 firmware updates out today!

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just done the A73 update (ver 3.0) which includes full-time eye AF (now works with half press of the shutter button, and not in conjunction with pressing another button as before). Now also includes animal eye AF! Just taken first snap of wee Bella and it works a treat...
Also includes an intervalometer (which should have been included originally!)

Bella by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Just done the A73 update (ver 3.0) which includes full-time eye AF (now works with half press of the shutter button, and not in conjunction with pressing another button as before). Now also includes animal eye AF! Just taken first snap of wee Bella and it works a treat...
Also includes an intervalometer (which should have been included originally!)

Bella by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Any improvement for canon lenses ? In particular, eye AF-C?

Any improvement for canon lenses ? In particular, eye AF-C?

I don't think so. I haven't got any Canon lenses left, so can't check. Wasn't there an update about 6 months ago that added some more AF modes/features for non-native lenses?

I don't think so. I haven't got any Canon lenses left, so can't check. Wasn't there an update about 6 months ago that added some more AF modes/features for non-native lenses?
Thanks, I’m renting one for the weekend to try it out.

Great. Make sure that its updated to at least firmware 2 (if not 3). I have a mate (Prize78) on here and he is very happy with how his canon lenses perform after the update last year. He commented that it opened up a couple more of the focussing modes, seemed to acquire focus faster and even more reliably. He uses the MC11 adapter.

Great. Make sure that its updated to at least firmware 2 (if not 3). I have a mate (Prize78) on here and he is very happy with how his canon lenses perform after the update last year. He commented that it opened up a couple more of the focussing modes, seemed to acquire focus faster and even more reliably. He uses the MC11 adapter.

It’s a great camera and the eye AF is incredible! However, I didn’t get on with it, even though I have an RX100 I found the menu system and controls very difficult to find what I was looking for and it’s a bit small in the hand too.

I was also testing out a Fuji GFX and in the end I’ve decided to go with that. It’s also possible to adapt canon lenses for that too even though it’s medium format.

Where did you rent from I'm thinking of buying one and would love to try one out first before making such an investment

Where did you rent from I'm thinking of buying one and would love to try one out first before making such an investment

From a local shop here in Zurich. Definitely worth trying before you buy. I was pretty sure I was going to get it until I tried.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom