Sony A68 announced

7fc3b7ce939e2212723c732aaf5005568da5b3397bee543d3d21419d62ce24f6.jpg

Do they? IMO this is not the A mount photographers want or will spend their money on.

Do they? IMO this is not the A mount photographers want or will spend their money on.
its a start right? good budget action entry level camera. whats not to like? wait for the 5D3/D810 equivalent DSLR on the A mount mate

U see i think the issue with sony is that they only have so much they can do/focus on and i doubt there camera division in terms of employees is as big as canon or nikon so they can only focus and release stuff one at a time.

Now that they have established there E mount cameras they can now focus on A mount and lenses.

Also note that nikon and canon are all backed up my varous third party lens manufactures because lets face it, canikon only release 2-3 new lenses a year, if that..

its a start right? good budget action entry level camera. whats not to like? wait for the 5D3/D810 equivalent DSLR on the A mount mate

What? Yet ANOTHER consumer model in a long line proves A mount is alive and well, I dont think so.

Id like to know a long term A mount users thoughts... over to you @shotokan101

What? Yet ANOTHER consumer model in a long line proves A mount is alive and well, I dont think so.

so?

Dont see you moan when nikon or canon release a consumer model!

so?

Dont see you moan when nikon or canon release a consumer model!

Do you see me posting them or talking about them like they are the second coming or saviour of CaNikon? Ill help you out with this one, No.

All I'm gonna say on the matter is that if this model does get released then I'll be "pleasantly surprised/shocked" but it won't stop me trying to get enough motivation to get off my arse and punt my A-mount gear ASAP.... ;)

.....unless they release a new FF A-Mount Pro/Prosumer model before then with a comparable spec/performance to the D750... .... "that" I might consider as some sort of "commitment" to A-Mount;)

.....unless they release a new FF A-Mount Pro/Prosumer model before then with a comparable spec/performance to the D750... .... "that" I might consider as some sort of "commitment" to A-Mount;)

Only problem is you know itll come in at around £3k.

Only problem is you know itll come in at around £3k.

...didn't say I'd buy one - just that I'd see that as genuine commitment to A-Mount ;)

It's unlike Sony to release another body and forget about the lenses ;)

must admit given the spec I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on it's AF performance and low light IQ

must admit given the spec I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on it's AF performance and low light IQ
Would love to know what 4D AF is too ;) Baffles me they introduce new tech on an entry level system though.

Says it can AF in Low light down to -2ev where other cameras struggle. Funny, I'm sure there's a number of cameras that can AF down to -2ev and even -3ev ;)

It's same as 3D but with and extra 1D - no wait - 1D just broke up!!! ...now that's timing for you... :eek:

4d AF, A77ii, A6000, A5100 cough cough nothing new

Some clever folk about eh? ;)

C'mon - seriously though :devil: - what were they thinking of ? - who'd have thought that timing was an essential element of focus tracking eh ?

As a long term A-Mount user my concern is that Sony are releasing an entry level A Mount camera - which means it won't be bought by the majority of existing Sony A Mount users (those that have A77, A99, A900, etc as it's a downgrade in many ways, and those new buyers will (as always) get directed to Canikon or Mirrorless - so who will buy it? And if it doesn't sell, this will be taken as a sign that there is no interest in A mount...

The A68 needs an uprated A77 or A99 to be announced as well - that would reassure existing A mount users and allow them to recommend the A68 (which looks to be a decent little camera), but without such an announcement I would hesitate to recommend it, as I am still doubtful of the A mount long term.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom