Sony A390 Help

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Johnnoh, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Johnnoh

Johnnoh
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all.! After a long time searching i cannot seem to find the help I'm looking for, please if someone has read this sort of thing somewhere, please direct me as i cannot seem to find it.

Anyway, I bought a Sony a390 just a little over a year ago, used it for 2 months on and off (only when i thought i would use it) and then went away for 9 months to Australia for work (leaving the camera at home)
    I have now come home, literally, first thing I done, checked the status of my battery and slapped in on charge until it was full.
    I then taken it out for the first time about two days later to take some snaps of the Speedway, and occasionally, the camera shutter would stop as i take the shot and the message ''Camera Error'' would show on the lcd display.
    I would then have to turn the camera off and then back on then (good old British theory on fixing things, I know) and it would take a few more pictures, then the same would happen again. The camera seems to work perfectly fine on ''auto'' but as this is my first DSLR Camera I'm trying to explore it asmuchas possible. Also, I cannot seem to turn the Steady Shot function on

Any Ideas on what may be causing this?

2. eddiewood

eddiewood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,145
    First thing to try is cleaning the contacts on the lens and the camera body.

3. Seymour Butts

Seymour Butts
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I'm gussing the SSS is kaput, though if you go to the Sony (UK) website and download the .pdf user manual, it may be easier to find than wading through th printed manual (type in ERROR MESSAGES) and it should give you the error messgae and icon relating to the specific fault. Try turning off, removing battery, check/clean lens contacts and body mount connectors (these can sometimes develop a film on them stopping good contact, so try a soft abrasive), re-fit battery and lens and re-test (also try a different lens). If the fault remains, then likely it's an internal camera fault, and TBH not worth the cost of repair.

4. shotokan101

shotokan101
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,453
    Try with SSS disabled