Sony A200 DSLR image problem

nerolab

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

My Immaculate Sony A200 has just started playing up 1 month out of warranty.

The final digital image differs from the image in the viewfinder.

For example, if I test taking a photo of the TV where the tv fills the viewfinder, the final image is slightly smaller and the subject matter lower down in the picture.

I contcated Sony but they want £115 std charge.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

JOhn

I had this exact problem with mine, fortunately for me this happend with a brand new a200 so I could swap it for another :(

I wouldn't know how to attempt to fix it sorry :(

Hi

My Immaculate Sony A200 has just started playing up 1 month out of warranty.

The final digital image differs from the image in the viewfinder.

For example, if I test taking a photo of the TV where the tv fills the viewfinder, the final image is slightly smaller and the subject matter lower down in the picture.

I contcated Sony but they want £115 std charge.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

JOhn

Contact these people. A camera should last more than 13 months.

Consumer Direct

Contact these people. A camera should last more than 13 months.

Consumer Direct

Definiely worth trying the reasonable durability clause contained in the sale of goods act as eddiewood suggests here.

The only possible problem I can forsee is that if the problem is due to a mirror etc being out of alignment then it could always be argued that the consumer had damaged the item themselves by dropping it etc, especially with it being such a portable item like a camera.

In reality though companies will generally back down when faced with a polite customer who knows his rights under the sale of goods act and is prepared to act on them if required (small claims court etc)

I had a similar problem with a washing machine once (fault just out of warranty) and I got that repaired free once I started talking about the sale of goods act. Always stay calm and polite though as it will always get you a better response than being confrontational.

Last edited:
Thanks guys....really appreciate your support. I'll try that approach as I have looked after the camera and it really should last more than 13 months!

I'll let you know how I get on

JOhn

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom