Sony A1E OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Does this repair invalidate my 5 year Sony Warranty?

Looks like my 55A1 has had a OTA software update - the EPG guide had the channel details missing on every other line and wouldn't scroll past the bottom of the page (we don't used the add-ons like Samba etc) but rather vanilla Freeview. Re-running initial setup (a reset boot having not solved the issue) revealed additional steps/functions that I don't recall from the last set-up. Now back to perfect again.:)

Engineer arrived today and had to take the TV away. Under a 5 year JL guarantee has anybody had experience of what will happen if they cannot fix the TV.

just a quickie, does our A1 TV support Alexa or just google assist?
Thanks all

Hi, has anyone found a solution for the black crush issue when watching DolbyVision enabled content on Netflix yet? Is it a software issue?
A1 55" Owner

Hi All - Anyone having issues with HDR? the dimming is so bad i've had to turn it off - it ruins an otherwise perfect TV - anyone having issues with the picture being too dark?

Hi All - Anyone having issues with HDR? the dimming is so bad i've had to turn it off - it ruins an otherwise perfect TV - anyone having issues with the picture being too dark?
What HDR source or program are you watching Stevie? Ill see if I can check it on my set.

Watched an episode of Jessica Jones in DV last night via the Netflix internal app. Looked fine to me (as usual).

My internal Netflix app looks great however all DV content on my ATV4k is dark and horrible. I made a call to Sony today to have this checked out. It seems any device via my HDMI ports has poor DV appearance. Oddly HDR10 is fine via HDMI, its only DV that has the problem.

They have asked I update to the latest firmware from a few weeks ago and test. They are calling me back tomorrow. Its clearly linked to HDMI ports as the internal apps are fine. If no improvement I will be asking for repair or a replacement units until to problem is gone. I cant enjoy my film collection on Itunes in DV, pointless.

My internal Netflix app looks great however all DV content on my ATV4k is dark and horrible. I made a call to Sony today to have this checked out. It seems any device via my HDMI ports has poor DV appearance. Oddly HDR10 is fine via HDMI, its only DV that has the problem.

They have asked I update to the latest firmware from a few weeks ago and test. They are calling me back tomorrow. Its clearly linked to HDMI ports as the internal apps are fine. If no improvement I will be asking for repair or a replacement units until to problem is gone. I cant enjoy my film collection on Itunes in DV, pointless.

What settings have you got for your ATV4K in the video output settings?

Its widely accepted that the best default setting to have is 4K SDR 50hz. You should then enable Match content for both frame rate and dynamic range.

I'm pretty sure there is a bug with iTunes DV movies or something as well and there is a specific setting on the ATV4K you have to change sometimes to make it work properly. I think @Jokerr @CMBmovies or @Geesus might be able to help with that.

What settings have you got for your ATV4K in the video output settings?

Its widely accepted that the best default setting to have is 4K SDR 50hz. You should then enable Match content for both frame rate and dynamic range.

I'm pretty sure there is a bug with iTunes DV movies or something as well and there is a specific setting on the ATV4K you have to change sometimes to make it work properly. I think @Jokerr @CMBmovies or @Geesus might be able to help with that.

I use 4k SDR 50Hz with frame and content matching on.

If I force the ATV to HDR with no matching then the HDR10 picture is nice and bright. Only when it plays DV content it is dull and dark.

I’m having weird sync problems myself with Apple TV since messing with a sound bar last week. I returned it (again lol) so back to TV speakers but whatever I do or play everything is a beat or two out of sync. Have just reset my Apple TV to set up from scratch to see if it fixes anything.

I’m having weird sync problems myself with Apple TV since messing with a sound bar last week. I returned it (again lol) so back to TV speakers but whatever I do or play everything is a beat or two out of sync. Have just reset my Apple TV to set up from scratch to see if it fixes anything.

Never had a problem with the ATV4K with the Bose 300, Samsung N950 and now the Bose 700. All in sync.

I did however have sync issues with the N950 and Sky Q via ARC.

Never had a problem with the ATV4K with the Bose 300, Samsung N950 and now the Bose 700. All in sync.

I did however have sync issues with the N950 and Sky Q via ARC.
if this doesn’t fix it I’m tempted to hard reset my TV but that mean me having to take photos of all the settings and spend ages setting each channel back up so I’d rather not lol

Factory reset the AF9 from the menu. I think that’s sorted it. Though Ive spent so long looking at lip sync now I can’t just switch it “off” and enjoy Content. Lol.

Factory reset the AF9 from the menu. I think that’s sorted it. Though Ive spent so long looking at lip sync now I can’t just switch it “off” and enjoy Content. Lol.
It is psychological now. Try to focus on people’s eyes and that will disable your minds lips sync calculations.

This should work with only one exception ‘scarlett johansson’. Impossible with her.

It is psychological now. Try to focus on people’s eyes and that will disable your minds lips sync calculations.

This should work with only one exception ‘scarlett johansson’. Impossible with her.

Thanks for the tip. :) Feel somewhat better now I've reset everything and am away till next Monday now so by the time I get back hopefully I'll have forgotten about checking for it. lol.

Oh, I also downloaded the Sony Support app for iOS. You can add the AF9 in it and it should notify you when there's a new firmware or change to its support page. I'd like to think as soon as something changes it would be on this thread anyway but doesn't hurt I guess.

Strange, i have just bought the Amazon cube and watch it through HDMI 2 and it's permanently in DV which is nice and bright, in fact sometimes i think it's too bright.

Dont have PS4 but Jack Ryan is not too bright for me. Looks slightly better on HLG rather than AUTO setting.
Thanks mine is so dark in the internal app on Amazon that unless I have the peak set to high you can't even see the picture - didn't really show when I took a photo but here it is

Attachments

• IMG_20191215_115304_MP.jpg
    IMG_20191215_115304_MP.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 158
Watched the new Netflix 'Underground' in DV-4k last night, utterly stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom