Sony A1E OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Erskineblue

Standard Member
Yes Amazon Prime Video provides ATMOS, it worked on two firmwares prior to this latest one, see my post a page or two back. Not much content on there but Jack Ryan is in ATMOS. As mentioned previously the TIDAL music app also passes ATMOS content.

Tried Disney+ and YouTube and these don't provide ATMOS.
just noticed my SONY HT-ST5000 is showing “atmos” too. Bizarre that none of the Prime programs say “atmos” they still show 5.1?

matthewricha

Thanks id done a update friday but its not the latest. The tv says software up to date so ill have to down load to usb
Yes that's what I did, updated over the air then downloaded latest Android 9 firmware

matthewricha

Yes Amazon Prime Video provides ATMOS, it worked on two firmwares prior to this latest one, see my post a page or two back. Not much content on there but Jack Ryan is in ATMOS. As mentioned previously the TIDAL music app also passes ATMOS content.

Tried Disney+ and YouTube and these don't provide ATMOS.
Well blow me, with this latest update, Jack Ryan has now lost ATMOS, but has reintroduced Dolby Vision!! .. what the heck is going on!?

matthewricha

I know Dolby Vision was on series 1 but they seemed to have dropped after that.
Yes I knew S2 didn't have DV, but with S1, it originally had DV for me, then earlier this year S1 had dropped DV for just HDR10 but gained ATMOS. Now with latest firmware S1 has dropped ATMOS, but reinstated DV.

Madmischief

Hi all,

I need some help please.

My TV does not show an over the air update - still showing ‘latest software’ when I hit the search for update function.

I can’t seem to update via USB either, the TV does not start to auto-update instead it recognises the USB and shows me this screen, any ideas?
300286DB-279B-4927-B8F5-5FC70C8FC933.jpeg

matthewricha

Hi all,

I need some help please.

My TV does not show an over the air update - still showing ‘latest software’ when I hit the search for update function.

I can’t seem to update via USB either, the TV does not start to auto-update instead it recognises the USB and shows me this screen, any ideas?View attachment 1410009
I believe over the air updates are staggered, so not available all at the same time. Have you downloaded the update to your USB stick from your computer, unpacked the zip and placed in the root directory?

Madmischief

Madmischief

@Topmetom 2 thank you, that worked.

TV interface is now super snappy!

Topmetom 2

Sky q users? Do you have HDR? I have the latest sky’s firmware etc but can’t get hdr on it
edit....i am a fool ignore me it works just fine

Last edited:

supermariojj

Standard Member
Since the latest update i'm unable to play streaming channels. Netflix, prime video and youtube all play as normal just the freeview streaming channels don't. I've never had this problem before the update, my tv is wired to the router. As "nlanks" did on here i reset the clock to receive the network time from the broadcast time, but it has made no difference. When on the streaming channel it says "Loading....Please wait" and you keep waiting but nothing happens. Any ideas ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom