Answered Sony A1 OLED Question About sound

Dubman72

Novice Member
Reaction score
Im considering buying a Sony A1 OLED and wall mounting it, i love the design and simplicity of it. However i have B&W surround sound (in wall / ceiling / sub woofer) speakers which will give infinitely better sound quality than the A1 so i was considering disabling all sound output from the TV and using my Denon amp and B&W surround. It seems a waste as i am paying for sound technology that I'm just not going to use. Any ideas, comments or equal picture quality alternatives. Thanks.

Can't comment on the pic quality but any external amp and speakers will sound much better than any flatscreen TV's built-in speakers.

I would agree with the OP. There would not appear to be any option other than disconnecting the inbuilt sound system which is a little wasteful as mentioned. Might there be a Sony future version for those with external sound receivers etc?

Might there be a Sony future version for those with external sound receivers etc?

I don't understand what you mean here.
AV receivers/Amps/Powered speakers are already catered for by using the optical and headphone outputs from the set.
If you mean a future version of the Tv without the sound processing and/or built-in speakers, that's unlikely to happen as they don't cost the manufacturer that much to include and the vast majority of people who buy these or any other Tv are content with the sound quality, or rather they put up with it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom