sony 940 and DD6.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bigsinky, Aug 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bigsinky

bigsinky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know if sony do an add on for this receiver to make it into a 6.1 system (i.e. a rear centre speaker)? or am i resigned to forking out another £500 for the 1080 :(

cheers

big sinky

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    I have never seen a Sony equipment upgrade path advertised. I would think it is a matter of selling on your receiver and buying new. :rolleyes:
    An upgrade path is normally only available on higher end equipment. That is/was one of the main selling points (other than sound quality) of makers such as Tag. Most of us mear mortals can only dream of having the budget for this sort of equipment. So it's back down to earth with a bump and trade in & up to the best of our budget.

Mark.

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Bear in mind that you wouldn't "just" be upgrading to 6.1 by purchasing a new receiver - you'd also benefit from features which come as standard on new equipment, but which weren't around in the days of the 940.

The 940 is undoubtedly a great amp, but times have moved on... features like PLII (for example) will have a far greater impact on your viewing than 6.1 ever will :)

K.