Sony 930e/Sony HTS-5000 vs LG OLED C7/LG SJ9

Lex Diamonds

Novice Member
Hi All,

I am a complete newbie to to the world of AV in terms of buying quality equipment for the sake of the equipment vs what I "think" I like with my eyes/ears.

I am at a bit of a cross roads where I am trying to determine whether I want to purchase a Sony 930e TV/Sony HTS-5000 soundbar vs LG OLED C7 TV/LG SJ9 soundbar. I really like the picture quality of the C7 vs the 930e, but I really like the fact that the HTS-5000 sounds a little more crisp and offers the feature to raise the ceiling height for the Atmos effect vs the SJ9. In a perfect world, I would buy the C7 and the HTS-5000, but, my dilemma is that I want to stay in the sub $3800 range for both a soundbar and a TV. Each of the bundles above would keep me in that range.

I THINK I am leaning towards the 930e/HTS-5000 bundle primarily because the room I am going to put the equipment in is VERY bright. That being said, what I am still pondering is which is more important: sacrificing the audio for better picture quality or sacrificing the picture and getting better audio quality.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom