1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 930 Component aspect ratio control

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kwangomango, Aug 22, 2003.

1. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Can anyone confirm if the NS930 sends any form of aspect ratio flag when connected purely by the 3 component video cables.

Thanks.

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    It does when using interlace via component (line 23 wss), but not in progressive mode.

3. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Thanks.
    Have you actually seen this in action? My Loewe is currently not switching aspect ratios. I am currently talking to there technical guys as to whether the set should be detecting the line 23 WSS.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yea, I have my player connected to my TV soley by component cables. If the player is set to interlace mode, the TV happily switches between 16:9 wide and 4:3 (or smart stretch) as nessesary. When it's set to progressive unfortunately I loose this ability, but it's not a great loss as most dvd's are 16:9 wide I just leave it set to 16:9 wide most of the time.

For it to work, the player must output line 23 WSS and the TV must be able to detect and act on it.