Question Sony 900f still have stutter issues?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by leo5111, Jun 13, 2018.

1. leo5111

leo5111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    does the 900f still have stutter issues with content under 60fps like rtings.com says? or did newer firmware help?

2. Ali Shaded

Ali Shaded
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to HDTVtest, it doesn't have the stutter problem like the XE90. It's on their review page. No idea about firmware.

3. leo5111

leo5111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    weird because read the rtings review scroll down to stutter Sony X900F Review (XBR49X900F, XBR55X900F, XBR65X900F, XBR75X900F, XBR85X900F) says .... The TV is decent at showing low frame rate content smoothly (like movies and 30fps video games), but the TV's fast pixel response time can make motion look a little stuttery, especially in wide panning scenes, because the frame stays static for 31 ms. 60 fps content looks smoother because the frames are on screen for a shorter amount of time.

4. desinho

desinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    This is the same as OLED stutter with low framerate. The material is the cause, not the tv. There are too few frames so the picture will pauze until the next frame is up ('frame hold time').
    "Stutter is caused* by 3 main factors:

• The response time, which affects the amount of blur between frames. A longer response time will cause the frame transition period to be longer, and the length of the static frame to be shorter, which reduces stutter.
    • The frame rate. A higher frame rate results in less time for each frame. This lower static frame time results in a smoother image with less stutter.
    • Flicker. A flickering image causes the persistence of the static frame to be shorter, resulting in the appearance of less stutter.(* - ???)"
    Stutter of TVs

The solution of course is then to turn on Motionflow ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. moonslice

moonslice
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony x900f or Samsung Q9FN or???

Motion and flicker are most important to me. I don’t care about picture quality. And I don’t mind soap opera effect. I can’t tell if rtings stutter ratings are with or without high levels of motion control.

I bought a Sony x930d but hate that I can’t get smooth clear soap opera motion without more stutter or jerking. My 8 year old Sharp TV was much better.

What would be the best 65” TV that would have low flicker and look smooth with very high motion control on? Sony x900f or Samsung Q9FN or???

Thanks!!