Sony 9000ES - which cd-r?

witters

Just picked up one of the on the classifieds. It says in the manual that it does not play cd-r's.

However, I have around 15 vinyl albums, which are unavailable on CD, that I have converted to .wav files and burnt to disc.

Some of these discs play while others do not.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable cd-r which will consistently work with this machine please?

Thanks in advance.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
The most predictable/reliable thing to do is burn your CDs onto CD-RW blanks. In general, these will play on single-laser DVD players, much more relably than any brand of CD-R. They do not play properly in most regular CD players though.

marcoeser

I have the same problem with my sony 735 - it didn't play cd-r, until now. I found PRINCO CDR-74 (silver/blue) work perfectly. Search on this forum for princo and you'll find a few threads. Also as mentioned aready most CD-RW work aswell with Sony dvd players.

marc

witters

Thanks for that - next question is where do I get Princo cd-r's? I've done a quick search and Maplins comes up but they don't show them on their website.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to repeat myself. You will find it much easier to find any old body's CD-RWs than this specific brand of CD-Rs. And they will all work (AFAIK).

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Not true, Nigel. Some CDRW will not work with this generation of player. Princo's were embargoed into the UK after a dispute with Phillips so may no longer be available.

Tony, search for your player (or similar) at

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

Mike,

witters

Bonus point for nigel. I bought a pack of rw's and they work perfectly.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Flimber - Clearly I haven't tested every brand of CD-RW. My point is that a CD-RW is much more likely to work than any CD-R. So it should be a more successful approach to buy some and try it (with a high probability of success), than to keep on buying CD-Rs and trying them (with a low probability of success).

Witters - Thank you. I'm pleased that you have found a solution.

marcoeser

search on google for 'Princo CD-R74 Silver/Blue' and you'll find a few sites that sell the discs.
the first on the list was this