1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 900 - Have all the problems been fixed yet?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matthew Attoe, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi there,

Am thinking about buying the sony 900 in the next couple of months and will be connecting it to a Philips 36PW9607 with a QED Sqart cable. I want to use an RGB AV input but have read a few bits and pieces with some people saying that the RGB input is too dark and others saying that it has been fixed. Same goes for the ratio switching as well.

Can anyone absolutely, positively, definately confirm one way or another what the situation is? Have the problems been fixed?

I'm going to be buying the DVD player mail order and don't really want all the fun and gmes that ensue should I need to return it.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sony 900 got it on friday for £330 multi region and i love it. The picture is great im useing a qed scart lead there are so many features on the player you need to read the manual to learn all the things it can do and plays sacd. I personally have no regrets about buyign the player and havnt noticed any fault with it yet

3. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hello crazzy Kopite,

Did you get your player from Web Electricals? If so (or if not, where from)

What was the service like as I was thinking about getting one for that price

Cheers

Chris

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did use web electricals yes and the serive was great if you order before noon you get it next day and the packageing was good i would use them again and they gave me demo sacd disks

5. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ratio switching is fixed on current machines, haven't seen it on mine.