Sony 870 + VIRGIN+ SET TOP BOX

fredtheted

Standard Member
Has anyone tried connecting their Virgin+ box directly to their Sony recorder, via RGB scart and then from the Sony 870 then to their tv, again RGB?

If so, does the Sony has a RGB passthrough so I can continue wating the cable box, whilst recorder is in standby?

Sorry if all this has been asked before. it's just that I have just bought the Sony and am still puzzling my best connection options.

ps If anyone is interested in buying a Sony, they are only £202 (multi region) from www.prcdirect.co.uk, collection from their shop in Ilford.

Scyther

Standard Member
I have my oldschool Telewest box (not V+ box) connected through the scart, the 870 upscales the picture to 1080p.

Scyther

Standard Member
Has anyone tried connecting their Virgin+ box directly to their Sony recorder, via RGB scart and then from the Sony 870 then to their tv, again RGB?

If so, does the Sony has a RGB passthrough so I can continue wating the cable box, whilst recorder is in standby?

1. Yes
2. You can, but you need to connect another scart from the Telewest box to the TV, it's best to always leave the 870 on though if you want 1080p.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom