Sony 83”

Does anyone have any expectations of price drops and timescales with Sony TVs generally? I have a KD65-A1 which is still great but fancy a bigger screen. A local place has an 83" in stock but if there's a reasonable chance of decent price drops in the near future then I wouldn't mind waiting as it's a fair amount of money.

I can’t see the 83” coming down in price anytime soon! They don’t even usually update the bigger screen every year! But that said they did drop the price very quickly on the 77ag9

btw who as it in stock?

First thing you’ll notice is Sony has skimped on the packaging. Not had chance to get inside yet

anyone seen a review for the 83”

First thing you’ll notice is Sony has skimped on the packaging. Not had chance to get inside yet

anyone seen a review for the 83”
Yes this is a fair comment. Although my 83inch is in perfect condition I thought the packaging good have been a bit more premium.... maybe its an environment thing. I have had things that are not expensive arrive overboard on packaging...

I’m just comparing it to the Ag9. You could actually reuse that box. This box I’m not so sure. It’s a bit like the LG. Once you cut the bands the bottom just falls out.

anyway how you found the 83” I’m hoping to get it up and running for the England game :)

yes I know what u mean on the box... just comes apart. Think part of the design for setting up the stand and making it easy. Not good if u have to send it back though.

Im VERY happy. Got calibration booked for Monday but as is not sure if even gonna make a difference as it is good. Most sources such as Netflix, Youtube , 4k blue ray, ps5 , Prime its great. Sky channels is great. Even Sky news looks clearer and brighter.

The Euros I watch on Sky. close ups the quality is good. but the wider shots seems average. Can I watch it in UHD on an amazon firestick?!

Go ENGLAND!

Yeah sending it back is usually a concern. That’s probably why I’ve noticed the box.

I’m sure I’ve read an actively where you can calibrate the tv yourself using your phone camera!

ill have to see if I can find it again.
How much does it cost to have it done professionally anyway? I imagine it to be quite expensive. It should be pretty good out the box. So I’ll probably wait a while so you can see the difference and give the tv a chance to run in :)

maybe it’s a bit soon to be having yours done?

Maybe. Its about 300gbp... depending who u use.

Need to have 100hrs minimum before getting it done.

I’m just comparing it to the Ag9. You could actually reuse that box. This box I’m not so sure. It’s a bit like the LG. Once you cut the bands the bottom just falls out.

anyway how you found the 83” I’m hoping to get it up and running for the England game :)
How you going? Fired it up ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom