Sony 795 QS 7.1 Amp

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by AudioManiac101, Feb 2, 2009.

1. AudioManiac101

AudioManiac101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Sony 795 QS 7.1 Amp.
    4 Mission M35i Floorstanders 2x Front 2x Rears
    3 Mission M3Ci
    Kef PSW 2000 Sub!
    I have tried to set this system up but having no joy! The Amp has Speakers A And B for the fronts does it matter if I use both or run one speaker of A and the other of B? Also on the back of all the Missions it has HF or LF do I need to wire up specfically HF or LF? So many questions lol! Open to all suggestions!
    Thanks

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    I doubt it makes any difference but I would use A and make sure you select A. Are there jumper bars (metal) in place on your speakers? If you're unfamilar with AV, I would keep it simple for now until you get your bearings. If no jumper bars are fitted (missing), I would use small lengths of speaker wire to join the HF and LF together and just run one pair of speaker wires from the amps to the speakers. Once up and running, feel free to post back to further improve your setup but I'm not a fan of bi-wiring (it didn't work for me on several setups) but bi-amping is worth doing but as I said I would keep it simple for now.