1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 780 more missing features?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by primetime, Mar 24, 2003.

1. primetime

Standard Member

Mar 24, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    There are loads of posts regarding this new Sony receiver so I thought it was important to write a note. I bought one of these on Saturday but having opened the box it seems many of the features quoted on the forum and on sony europe's site (no real info on sony uk site) are not included. Mine was the full UK Tuned model. These missing features are on top of those ommited for the Europe/UK version already mentioned.

Please be aware if you are ordering one of these from the internet/ a shop. I am taking mine back and have agreed a full refund but it may cause you problems.

I haven't checked every feature but so far I have found it does not have pre outputs for all channels (just 1 for sub), an AC switched output, many of the DSP modes don't seem to be included either.

Having called Sony UK they helpfully said "yes it does have preouts etc...oh no it doesn't sorry it is misleding isn't it...well some things can be different speak to the store and maybe buy a 1080" but I felt these were rather large ommissions and the Sony site would be reliable for major features at least so I didn't check at the time of purchase. Check very carefully exactly what features the one you actually buy has included. E+OE.