Sony 7700vToshiba 900E

VistaVision

Thanks to advice received from Ged in this forum,I've decided to keep my Sony SACD player rather than change it for a Pioneer 565. Having read some other threads I am looking at the possibility of selling my Sony 7700 DVD player privately and replacing it with a Toshiba 900E. Has anyone any experience of comparing these two machines side by side? I play back via a Panasonic 36" TAU TV, Denon AVC A1SE amp and Kef egg speakers with an upgraded Kef sub. If I do change will I see a marked improvement in picture/ sound on playgback of DVDs? Apparently for a DVD player the quality of Cd playback is good.
Many thanks in advance for any information received.

kumamoto

Banned
I was in a similar predicament a few month ago. basically i have the sony 7700 and wanted to sell it and replace it with a player of similar calibre. I got such terrible offers on my sony that i decided to keep and buy a denon 2900. The toshiba 9500 is miles ahead of the sony 7700, not to mention ntsc prog scan, hdcd and dvd audio. But the toshiba is a bit long in the tooth now and does not have PAL progressive scan . I would sell the sony and replace it with an all singing or dancing universal players like Pioneer 868 or denon 2900 / A11

kumamoto

Banned
Dave, I was able to do a side to side comparison between the older toshiba sd 9200 with the sony 7700. I must admit toshiba was a much better player by quite a margin,pictures were clearer, colors more vivid,not to mention that toshiba has prog scan,hdcd and dvd audio. I would have bought the tosh but it was out of my price bracket. I would assume the 9500 is a much better player and hence you cannot really go wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom