1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 7700 error codes?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Richard Harnwell, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there,

I've recently bought (secondhand) a Sony 7700 DVD player and had the latest (RCE) Techtronics mod added.

It's been great until, a few days ago, I hit a problem. I turned on the machine, it flashed "E 07.00" for a few seconds, then turned itself off. No combination of button presses resolved this, and it was only cured by leaving it unplugged (from power) for half an hour.

This is an "engineer" code, and the service centre refuse to tell me what it means, suggesting I pay them £40 for them to give me a quote to repair it. As it seems OK now, I don't want to do this, but I'd love to know what the error means.

Does any have this info?

Cheers,

Richard

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I rekon you contact Techtronics as they should give some kind of warranty for the modification. Perhaps they are more helpful.

3. cozzer

cozzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bought my multi-region modded sony 7700 from techtronics about 18 months ago. every so often, when manually switching between regions, the engineer code comes up and all i can do is switch it off at the mains. but i switch it back on again right away and it is fine - i just put it down to one of those quirky glitches electonic items sometimes have. but sounds like you want to have a word with techtronics - could be to do with the regional switching mod.