1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 735

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dts borg, Oct 24, 2001.

1. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Anyone know if this player is any good? What is like as a multi region player,will it play RCE movies?
    think the 735 looks good but is being replaced,and I dont like the replacements looks. So i Will have to move fast if I want one.

...........Make it so

Keith

2. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Very good machine – I got mine from sdb electronics and they modified it for automatic region 1 RCE playback, no problem.
    mark

3. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    absolutely no complaints here - had mine for about a year now after upgrading from a pioneer 505.

Got it from hi-spek, not sure of the mod but it plays everything I chuck at it (over 130 DVDs so far)

Sometimes when I put a disc in I get the "playback prohibited by area limitations" and I just put the player in standby, press 1 on the remote and press play.

Picture quality is top notch, esp RGB scart which looks better on my Hitachi 28" widescreen

Only niggle is that I wish It played MP3s, but hey you cant have everything.

If I was buying a player now though, I would get the Pioneer 545, my mate has one ands its bloody excellent.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The player is very good.

The RCE cabability depends on the mod, not the player.

If you don't need onboard decoders you may want to consider the 335 or if you want a bit more spec go for the 535.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhhh The good old 505. My first ever player - drop of solder and it was multi-region.... Ohhhh those were the days *lol*

Only got rid of it because it had no DTS Got a Sony-725, Lovely player...... If only I could put those component video outputs to good use. Hummmmmmmm:D

6. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Got the Sony 735 Multi region on Monday, a fine piece of kit.
    The mod in this player will not play RCE movies, and the trick thing dont seem too work ?

The Panasonic players were great but no component out, shame.

Will have to use my panasonic A110 region 1 only player for the RCE movies........SHE STILL A GEM IN HER FIFTH YEAR.

Now lets go shopping @ EZYDVD for all the region 4 bargins.

....................MAKE IT SO :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help
    Keith