Sony 735 v 725

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ShortNick, Mar 3, 2001.

1. ShortNick

ShortNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Have decided to get one of these players from Techtronics. Is the 735 worth the extra £70 more than the 725?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

3. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I waited for the 735 once I knew it was coming out because of the built in DTS decoding. I have pro logic amp with six phono inputs so need the decoders.

Additionally the 735 is a lot slimmer and in my opinion looks nicer.

The issue of CDR may sway you as officially the 735 cannot play them and I have not tested it so dont know.

You pays your money and takes your choice. I did got mine from sevenoaks £10.00 more than from linkonline over the web for the same machine with manual region change via Paragon mod. Its alot easier to take it back and see the guy in the flesh so IMHO the £10.00 was worth it.

I think the picture is great so is the sound, DD blew me away, especially on Jurassic park, the jungle is alive and as for the T rex taking the car to pieces well make sure that the neighbours are out or you are detached like me.

As for the DD/DTs issue. I think Chicken Run sounds better in DTS so having both helps.

Last comment if you dont need the internal decoders none of the above applies and I would look at something else Like a tosh or the Sony 336.

have fun you will enjoy DVD, it is as good as they say. Iwas sceptical until I saw the difference at home, no comparison.

Layer change can be a pain on the 735 sometimes, bit slow.

Enjoy yourself.

4. ShortNick

ShortNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll plump for the 735 as 'er indoors doesn't like 'black slabs' and the DTS factor swings it.