Sony 735 Multiregion from SDB anyone??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matty N, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Higuys (and gals?!),

We've got one of those Sony 735 players at home which we are quite happy with - forgetting slow layer change and pauses while seeking various sections of the disc.

Anyone else got a model bought from SDB in Chiswick that has their Multiregion mod inside. I have experienced a couple of anomolies thus far but nothing to worry about.

My main concern is whether I can safely order Region 1 RCE disks or not - gut feeling says probably not. It is certainly auto detecting but may be able to be manually configured perhaps? I can't work out how to do it though!

Any help/suggestions/comments?

Matt

[ 18-04-2001: Message edited by: Matty N ]

2. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    back up to the top??!!

Anyone?

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Have you asked SDB mate?

4. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    For what its worth I have a Pioneer 737 multiregion from SDB that plays RCE discs with no problem. So far.

5. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Contacted SDB - they said that it wasn't designed to play RCE disks but offered the upgraded chip for £199!! Seems a wee bit steep considering they get to keep the old chip!

I'm interested that your Pioneer can accept those RCE disks. Is it a manual selection or autoselection multiregion?

Matt