Sony 735 and RGB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr A, May 22, 2001.

1. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I wonder if anyone can help with my question.

I know the Sony 735 outputs RGB via the SCART and I have the pinout diagram for the scart layout but what I would like to know is how is the sync provided? Is it provided as RGB then sync on pin 19 or is it RB and sync on green via pin 19 as someone on the forum found out it is for their samsung. This owuld help as I am currently researching how to connect to a CRT projector via RGBHV sockest I have spoken with Barco they were very helpful apparently the sync via pin 19 will need a little elctronic gizmo which they can advise on.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

2. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on folks give me some help here please

3. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I honestly don't know. I remember reading something about using on of the separate RGB as a synch and also using the composite feed as a synch. Not sure what would work though. Have you tried contacting Sony themselves. I found them to be very responsive and eager to help when I have contacted them for customer support in the past (though this was not for a DVD player)

4. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matty,

thanks for replying. I will most likely get in touch with Sony although I did find that someone had the same issue on a 725 by searching the forum so have mailed them.

Cheers

5. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my 735 connected to my projector, (Seleco 310)for RGB via a fully wired Scart to Scart. The sync is on composite. I think you'll find that all UK DVD players are wired for RGB like this.
    If you intend to connect to an RGBHV, you'd best take advice, as it's slightly different from the RGB that the player outputs. I think it's 3 cable RGB(domestic)to 5 cable RGB(professional) Try Gordon Fraser at GDFRASER@aol.com Very helpful bloke, & knows all about this subject! ;)

[ 27-05-2001: Message edited by: Arthur.S ]