1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 730 problems with NTSC progressive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Acteon, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Acteon

Acteon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a rather odd problem -- I just got my Sony 730 from Techtronics, it plays Zone 1 discs OK, but when I try to engage progressive on NTSC disc, the screen turns green, there are some artefacts at the top edge of the screen, etc. This happens on Pioneer 433MXE plasma. NTSC interlaced plays fine, and PAL interlaced works fine as well.

Any idea what could be causing this and hou to fix it?

2. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about PAL progressive scan?

It does sound like a faulty machine in which case I pity you for the hell you are about to experience with Techtronics "customer service"...

3. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    one word of warning Acteon, make sure you get in touch with Techtronics straight away, because after seven days you have to pay 24pound odd to have the player returned.:lesson:

4. Acteon

Acteon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, should be saying so, but PAL progressive works fine as well.
    Probably not a big deal for 140 pounds machine, I don't have that many NTSC disks anyway and interlaced looks OK too. BUt I'm just fascinated why is it doing this.

Thanks a lot for the warning about Techtronics.