1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 725

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andyp, Jan 23, 2001.

1. andyp

andyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I have lip sync problems on my Sony 725D DVD player. I have had a few helpful replies on the Amp/Receiver section, that suggest a firmware upgarde is necessary. Has anybody had this done? Was there a charge from Sony (my player is out of warranty)?

Thanks.

Andy P.

2. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same player. Same problem.
    Here is the reply I got from Sony

I am sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced with your DVD player.
    While this does not affect all of our DVD units, we have developed a software
    upgrade for those customers who are experiencing this problem. If the unit is
    under guarantee please contact your original retailer who will arrange for the
    up-grade to be fitted. If they are unaware of the upgrade, please advise them to
    contact the Sony Trade Technical Helpline, who will be able to give full
    details. If the unit is outside the guarantee period or you are unable to refer
    to your original retailer, please contact Sony Customer Information Centre on
    08705 111 999 (Mon-Fri 9-5) for your nearest Sony approved repair agent. The
    upgrade will be fitted under the terms of the guarantee.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Miss T Harbour
    Consumer Products Group
    Sony United Kingdom Limited

3. AdamS

AdamS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Andy,

I had the same problem with my 725. Had to pay about £50 to have the upgrade done (out of warranty)by www.linkonline.co.uk, who I had originally purchased the player from. And it fixed the problem on virtually all problem DVDs I have.

Regards,

Adam

4. hansfos

hansfos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the Sony DVP 715 from Hong Kong in a multi-Region format. I have had the same lip-sinking problems with that machine (which can only be cured by stopping the play and re-starting).
    I have also had a problem with the picture. On skin-tones, or gradually merging colours, the picture often 'melts' or creates blocks of colour which do not merge gradually.
    I'm guessing it is time to change my DVD player - but if anyone can tell me that the vision problem might be my TV, my cabling or possibly the fact that the machine is multi-region (does this effect the quality??). My TV is the Phillips 'Cool Green' 32" number and I am using Scart cabling between my DVD and TV.