sony 715 -anyone ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Koen, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Koen

Koen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi lads,
    I use a sony 715 as a dvd and cd source.
    Is anyone familiar with this oldie ?
    I'm very pleased with it, and I've damped
    the forwardness a little by the use of some
    profigold cable. What do you think of it ?
    I see it gets a bad review a hcc, so I'm confused.
    Cheers,

"I'll be right here"

Koen

2. Max147

Max147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 715 is a great player with excellent pictures and superb sound. I know that it did have a lot of bugs, scene skipping and digital blocking. This could be why reviewers didn't like it.

3. Koen

Koen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're probably right about the bugs,
    it happens pretty often that it refuses to play a certain scene, it's very sensitive
    to faulty discs.i'm glad someone else feels the same, i don't like being an exception.
    to my dealers advice, i've isolated it from vibrations, to improve mainly its music performance. it's now sitting on four full steel pins (one under each foot), the pins sit on two granite plates, and the plates each sit on four half sqaush balls.it may sound silly, but it really works. plus it gives the player a real high end feel.anyway, i think i'll go rent a flick for tonight...
    Cheers,

"I'll be right here"

Koen

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If you are pleased with it then let it be!
    Do not upgrade just because someone/some review says it's not good - you are the final judge.
    However, should you feel the need to upgrade or want new(er) features please come back and ask!

Ironically some dealer in Australia wanted to sell me a 715 just because I asked for a black DVD player and he still had one standing around and collecting dust.
    And the asking price was still quite hight, too, given that there are already two replacement models out (unfortunately the 735 is not available in black) ...

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.