1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony 715=7700 for sound ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Koen, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Koen

Koen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've received an e-mail from sony in which
    they claim that the audiocircuit in the 715
    is exactly the same as in the 7700, so I won't be hearing any differences when I would
    choose to make the upgrade. as you've guessed
    I'm currently considering upgrading to the 7700, and although I still like the 715 a lot, it's got a lot of bugs and that's starting to 'bug' me . D:
    so, what do you think, is the guy pulling my
    leg ? I could get the 7700 for £450.
    Cheers,

"I'll be right here"

Koen

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I'm pretty sure that the 7700 has a dual laser feature for improved CD playback like the 725, the 715 and 735 don't have his feature.I could be wrong though, I'll check the specs when I get time.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The 715 had the dual-laser, too, from 725 onwards (ie 735 in Europe and 745 in Asia) they do NOT have it anymore, also applicable to the 3xx and 5xx models.

Koen, 450 quid is reasonable but ensure it's mulitregion and RCE compatible, else I don't think it's worth it.
    The cheapest 7700 I have seen is in Singapore at SGD1150, but at that time not RCE compatible and since it's the Asian version it doesn't have Scart/RGB.
    I actually don't know about the audio circuit but the 7700 came with DTS, the 715 IMHO not.
    Beside, the build quality of the 7700 is way better, check out the reviews here at HCCO for further details / differences.