SONY 710 - Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daverob, Mar 21, 2006.

1. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have been using my SONY 710 for about 4 weeks, all worked well, until a few days ago. Am now experiencing on playback, via the hard drive, a "wire-mesh" effect. Have checked all connections, am using quality interconnects, recently had a new aerial installed. Have checked the manual for any obvious reason why this effect has become so visible,couldn't find anything.

Would very much appreciate your views on potential or real causes for this effect. Thanks

2. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Any help, please!!:lease:

3. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorted!!:clap:

4. RoNaLdiNhO

RoNaLdiNhO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    be could to hear how you fixed it, so someone else with the same problem who does a search might be helped out. O well.

5. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Apologies for not explaining how (hopefully!!!) I have managed to overcome the problem first highlighted in my thread. Firstly, I took the Sony 710 to the place I bought it from - Superfi. They tested the DVD Recorder, in my presence, couldn't find anything wrong with it, and suggested it may be a loose connection on my processor. I was very impressed with the time and effort the Nottingham Branch of Superfi took, nothing was too much trouble.

On returning home, re-connected cables to unit, ensured other connections in processor were secure, switched on, and the problem had gone (touch wood!!). I think at sometime I had moved the DVD Recorder, and as a result, connections/cables had become dislodged (at the processor end of the chain) This seems to me, at the moment, what originally caused the problem.

So, in future will always make sure whenever I move any component of my system, will ensure all connections are secure!!!!

6. JB38

JB38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just a small question, as I am curious about something you mentioned.

Its when you say about checking the connections on your "processor", what exactly is item you are referring to used for?

7. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi JB38. The "processor" I keep mentioning is in fact a ROTEL 1066 Surround Sound Processor. So far as I can remember one of the connections goes from the SONY 710 to the processor (believe it is the scart plug). Hope that answers your question.