Sony 705 OR 905

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking between these two Sony DVD player the 705 and the 905. I cant see much different spec wise apart from that the 905 have 2 rgb sockets.

I have been wanting to purchase a new DVD player for some time now but now am stuck between the above 2

Any help

I have a 705 and found the picture excellent. Totally different to the first generation Tosh I had.

The only downside I have noticed is that it isn't fantastic with CD-R or DVD-R discs. It slips quite often and on the only DVD-R I have it freezes at points, especially on the layer change.

I have a feeling this is just a faulty product or maybe a result of the multi region zap it had from my Sony center.

Anyones else had these problems?

Does the 705 of that feature that you can take a picture clip out of a movie and use it as a wallpaper on your menu or screensaver which ever it is? As My mate got the 735 and his does this, I know it not important but it somthing kewl so you can have what you like

Not as far as I can tell, but then again it isn't really something I would use. The on screen display does act as a screen saver though.
The other thing that is strange on these is the CD and DVD text. It doesn't read it automatically on loading a disc and on CD's only reads the disc name and not the track names... WHY???

I'm very happy with my 905, it was a noticable improvement over the 700. It has to be noted that the 705 only has one scart socket, and doesn't have the 12bit 108mhz noise shaped video DAC. It plays every CD i've tried on it (CDR, DVD-R, DVD+R, VCD, SVCD etc)

905 is deffinately worth paying the extra for if you consider the 108MHZ NSV (Noise Shaped Video) DAC.

It makes the world of difference, especially if you watch any dvds/vcds that were poorly mastered at a low bitrate.

If you can get a demo of the two, try watching a dark film e.g. Matrix on both and see the diffence of picture quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom