Sony 6GB NW-A1000

jonnypb

Tesco's have these on offer now for £99 so thinking of getting one. Just a few questions.

1) what do people think of these?
2) do you have to transer mp3's using the supplied software (i've heard it's crap)
3) can you change the battery or is it built in like the ipod?
4) i have a panasonic sc-ht855 so can I connect the sony NW-A1000 into the music port and play music on the panny?

Thanks

TigerBytes

Novice Member
bubble502 said:
Tesco's have these on offer now for £99 so thinking of getting one. Just a few questions.

1) what do people think of these?
2) do you have to transer mp3's using the supplied software (i've heard it's crap)
3) can you change the battery or is it built in like the ipod?
4) i have a panasonic sc-ht855 so can I connect the sony NW-A1000 into the music port and play music on the panny?

Thanks
I liked everything about It, apart from the Software, wouldn't touch either the 1000, or the 3000, and It's simply because of the software (this was about 5 Months ago, so they may have Improved the software). You can change the battery (removable), that was the overriding reason for buying It In the first place, but It had to go back, because of the software

All In all nice piece of kit, severly let down, by the woeful software.

Sony (Must try harder).

Just like to add this Is my own personal view, and I have heard that they've subsequently released newer versions of SonicStage and Connect.

G

grays

If you can stretch to it Dabs have got the NWA3000 for £134 plus postage.

1) I've had mine for a couple of months now and am well pleased with it. Previously I had a MZ-NH1 MD player so the extra storage space is a major plus point for me.

2) I've not had a problem with the software, the new Sonicstage works fine as far as I've been able to tell.

3) You can change the battery but it involves removal of the back of the player and undoing a couple of screws, instructions are in the user manual. It's not something you'd want to attempt on a packed tube :)

4) Not sure about connecting to the Panny, the player's got a 3.5mm h/p jack.

jonnypb

thanks for the replies

I was going to go for the 6gb rather than the 30gb due to the physical size of the player, I like the physical 6gb player size a lot better than the 30gb

one thing i've noticed though is quite a lot of places have sold out of the NWA1000 6gb models and they've said they're not getting anymore in - maybe a replacement is due out soon??

G

grays

The only new one I've seen is the NWA1200 which has an 8Gb HDD and retails for around £150.

Makes your NWA1000 offer seem even more attractive really :)

jonnypb

instore

argos have the black ones on their website which you can reserve for instore for £99. Reserved mine today as tesco had sold out - hurry though cos I think they're just selling stock off before the new catologue comes out tomorrow

[email protected]

Standard Member
Hi

Can you bookmark on the Sony for Audiobooks, like you can on a Zen Micro Photo.

I am looking at the NWA1200 but trying to find out about the bookmarks and how good the display is.
Your thoughts would be great
Dave

ashwin89

Yeah, if you look on the Sony website you'll see that the NW-A1000 has been discountinued, in favour of the NW-A1200.

My sister got the A1000 yesterday for £40 from Boots (we got 27.5% staff discount, normally £55 without), because it was on clearance. I'm real impressed with the player itself, looks really sharp. The software (Connect), granted isn't the best but it didn't take long for me to put my sister's entire CD collection on there. Overall I would highly recommend it, and the latest software isn't quite as bad as people make out.

Maninblack

ashwin89 said:
Yeah, if you look on the Sony website you'll see that the NW-A1000 has been discountinued, in favour of the NW-A1200.

My sister got the A1000 yesterday for £40 from Boots (we got 27.5% staff discount, normally £55 without), because it was on clearance. I'm real impressed with the player itself, looks really sharp. The software (Connect), granted isn't the best but it didn't take long for me to put my sister's entire CD collection on there. Overall I would highly recommend it, and the latest software isn't quite as bad as people make out.
Was that instore?, if so, where?

ashwin89

In store, Woking branch - but when I had a look yesterday they were all gone. You could try some of your nearest stores though.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom