Sony 65xh9505 volume control on audio system

jon5jon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I had an LG55ec930v hooked up to an Apple TV 4K (hdmi) and NAD C388 (optical from tv). Now both the Apple TV remote and LG remote would control the volume on the NAD C388. I now have a Sony 65xh9505 hooked up in exactly the same way but neither the Sony remote or the Apple TV remote will control the volume on the NAD. I believe both the Apple TV and Sony remotes are Bluetooth rather than IR so I can’t pair them with the amp as a learning remote. I didn’t expect the Sony remote to work but I am wondering why the Apple TV remote doesn’t work now? Any settings I need to check? (I have checked a lot over the weekend!) thanks

I think you should. Set the volume on the Sony remote control to maximum and control the volume only with the Apple.

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure exactly what you mean. Ideally I just want to us the sony remote as I use the installed apps now I set them up and for the family one control is easiest, but setting the volume on the amp isn’t too awkward but if I could work out how to control the NAD with the Sony remote that would be perfect

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom