Sony 65XD9305 broke down again.

askara

Not sure if anyone had the same problem, but my sony broke down the third time ever 2 month or so, its last two time is due to the faulty power brick so problem the same as this time as well.

I asked from replacement from sony instead of another repair but they have got back to me yet. what option can i expect? another second hand refurbished XD9305 or new model of same serie? can i demand either a new XD9305 or a 2019 model? or should i contact richer sound where i bought it from for a new replacement?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Not sure if anyone had the same problem, but my sony broke down the third time ever 2 month or so, its last two time is due to the faulty power brick so problem the same as this time as well.

I asked from replacement from sony instead of another repair but they have got back to me yet. what option can i expect? another second hand refurbished XD9305 or new model of same serie? can i demand either a new XD9305 or a 2019 model? or should i contact richer sound where i bought it from for a new replacement?

Richer sounds wont deal with it as you should have the 5 year Sony warranty and if Sony have been dealing with it then they have to continue. I had an XD9305 and looking back it was a terrible set. Got to be one of the worst panels Sony have made for constant issues and faults. When mine developed a fault in 2017 I was told Sony didn't have any more XD9305's so they gave me an XE9305. The XF9005 is the nearest Sony panel to the XD9305 so I would push for that as a replacement OR demand a full store credit for the value you paid and go back and buy a new set with a new warranty.

askara

Richer sounds wont deal with it as you should have the 5 year Sony warranty and if Sony have been dealing with it then they have to continue. I had an XD9305 and looking back it was a terrible set. Got to be one of the worst panels Sony have made for constant issues and faults. When mine developed a fault in 2017 I was told Sony didn't have any more XD9305's so they gave me an XE9305. The XF9005 is the nearest Sony panel to the XD9305 so I would push for that as a replacement OR demand a full store credit for the value you paid and go back and buy a new set with a new warranty.

thx, they are offering the XF9005 as replacement. it seems the XF serie doesnt have 9305, is it comparable to XD or XE9305? i mean surely 9005 is a big down grade

trax101

thx, they are offering the XF9005 as replacement. it seems the XF serie doesnt have 9305, is it comparable to XD or XE9305? i mean surely 9005 is a big down grade
Have a look at Vincent Teoh's (HDTV Test on Youtube, or his website). He has a showdown between the XE9305, XE9005 and XF9005... The XE9305 and XF9005 were close, with the XE9305 edging it for brightness and the XF9005 better for motion.
I've just bought a 65XF9005 to replace my 55XE9305 as my new lounge is much larger than the last. The XE9305 will be up for sale soon...
I have a 49XF9005 in the bedroom and it is a good TV, but one to watch straight on with the VA panel and FALD.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member

Long story but after much deliberation and viewing and testing of sets I went for the XF9005 and apart from extremely rare blooming or haloing (and its very mild) which I didn't have on my XE9305 I don't notice the difference. Vincent Teoh's review is absolutely spot on in every way. I fully expect the bugs to return this summer. If they do I think I'll go to oled.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Hello @LCDseeker, hope you are well. I am now having a similar issue with my XD9305 and wondered how you got on with your replacement set?

The XF9005 is a great set and still have it. I suspect Sony should give you and XH9505 or this year's model, both of which will be an upgrade of the XF9005.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom