SONY 65W859C - NOT the normal auto dimming issue!

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Frakture, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Frakture

Frakture
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello,

So i brought this TV a couple of week ago and love it! No clouding, no banding and for the price the picture is outstanding! There is a small problem though....

I fixed the auto dimming on the HDMI inputs to the tv by the suggested methods of 'light sensor' and 'active contrast adjustment' and a couple of other things. Worked perfectly!

The problem i am having is how to i find the setting for the actual TV (non input)? The reason i ask this is as its an android TV i can download the plex app / play games on the actual TV (NOT through any device plugging into the TV)

As soon as i start playing apps watching plex the auto dimmming is back again and there doesnt seem to be any setting where i can stop the auto dimming of the actual TV rather than the setting for something plugged into an input.

Currently i'm using my Apple TV plugged into a HDMI port and everything is working perfectly but that can't be right! Whats the point of having android apps if you can't use them due to this dimming issue.

Please please can someone help. This maybe a deal breaker for me as i can't use the functions of it being an android tv without this blasted dimming.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

2. MAX1210

MAX1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,229
    Can you not change the picture settings within the app by pressing the "action menu" button, then selecting picture?

3. Frakture

Frakture
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hmmm... Wouldnt that be the eqivilent of trying to change the brightness on a mac by using MS office.

As far as i can see there are no options on any apps to tell the tv to stop auto dimming.

As mentioned imputs into the tv do not auto dim but using just the TV (no inputs, just the apps on the TV)