Quantcast

Sony 65AF9 vs LG 65C9 vs Panasonic 65GZ950

Jemzor

This is tricky comparison of TV's, but with 2018 stock of the sony's still available and reaching similar prices to the 2019 panasonic, I am wondering which TV would be more suitable for requirements.

- TV will be in a dark room and will be largely used for watching movies through Sky HD box or more likely a Sky Q box. Secondary use would be to watch Netflix content or for Xbox gaming, although this won't be online.
- TV will be plug into a Yamaha AV receiver (RX-A1070) with B&W DM601's front and rear, an LCR60 (assuming I can find a way to set it up!) and a REL Quake

I am fairly confident that all TV's will perform well on greyscale and colours, but my main concern at this size (and upgrading from a 46" LCD) is motionflow. For this reason despite being the most competitively priced, I don't have the full confidence (yet) the LG will perform as well as the other 2. I have come across a thread of the AF9 vs C8, with the general concensus being that the Sony was more favourable (but also significantly more expensive than the LG at the time).

I would also consider a professional calibration of the LG, but not the other 2 (due to total cost).

I would also be interested to hear from users using the Sony's centre speaker feature with other external speakers in a 5.1 suround or other environments.

Would be great to get some feedback from users before making a commitment over this sale period. Many thanks.

thedoswells

Out of these the Sony will probably give you marginally best motion and upscaling, but will have the weakest gaming, hdr performance and os.
the Panasonic is a strong all rounder and not really weak at anything.
of course you could look at a good qled as Samsung have good motion, a superb os and very good for gaming, but won’t be as strong as the oleds for general film watch8ng etc.
its always going to be a compromise I’m afraid

Top Bottom