• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sony 65" - KD65X9005CBU or KD65S8505CBU or...?

jimxms

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new 65" screen after my son cracked our 65X8505B with a nerf dart!

My preferred brand is Sony as all of my other kit is Sony and I'm just a bit OCD when it comes to matching things up.

I'm not fussed either way whether it is curved or not, but I do want 4K along with 3D and obviously great image quality. The two screens I've shortlisted so far are the KD65X9005CBU and the KD65S8505CBU. I cant seem to make any sense of the Sony model numbers, so I don't know which of these would be the better screen, but the specs of both are more or less identical aside from the latter being a curved screen.

I also looked at the KD65X9305CBU but I do not need, nor have space for the speakers on the side of this model, which is a shame as the rest of the specs look good.

TIA for any advice.

jimxms

Novice Member
There is also another potential candidate, the KD65X8509CBU. This seems to have a higher spec being 1000hz opposed to the 800hz refresh of the other screens listed. But what's confusing is that the 8509 is the cheapest of the bunch, so there must be a catch?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom