Question Sony 65 inch X90F vs AF8

ASR1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm well aware of the pros and cons of these two sets, however the value for money angle is addressed a bit less in the forum

I can get the XF90 for £1,195, vs the AF8 for £2,175 from a certain source (perfect items, brand new, warranty etc.) - which is a near £1,000 difference. Will be upgrading from a 55 inch Sony HX853 which was around £1,300 in 2013. We do not watch many sports or news channels (screen burn risk hence minimal) however the room is fairly bright during the day. 4k content will only be coming from Netflix and to a certain extent Youtube. Unlikely that the TV would be changed again for the foreseeable future.

For the price, which product would people recommend?

Thanks

I'm well aware of the pros and cons of these two sets, however the value for money angle is addressed a bit less in the forum

I can get the XF90 for £1,195, vs the AF8 for £2,175 from a certain source (perfect items, brand new, warranty etc.) - which is a near £1,000 difference. Will be upgrading from a 55 inch Sony HX853 which was around £1,300 in 2013. We do not watch many sports or news channels (screen burn risk hence minimal) however the room is fairly bright during the day. 4k content will only be coming from Netflix and to a certain extent Youtube. Unlikely that the TV would be changed again for the foreseeable future.

For the price, which product would people recommend?

Thanks

I badly wanted to justify getting a Sony OLED but having compared the two side by side in Richer sounds with various content I couldn't justify the huge price difference. Yes the OLED has superb blacks and the wide angle viewing but the XF was definitely brighter and the UHD looked virtually identical. I haven't been disappointed with my decision to get the XF and glad I saved my money.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom