• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 60min Premium MiniDV Tape - 5 Pack £3.74

senu

Distinguished Member
That does bump up the price but it still seems a reasonable price
especially if you buy 3 or more packs which amount to a single shipment
I wonder if the £15 free delivery super saver appiles: If so It is an incentive to stock up on tapes!

senu

Distinguished Member
...You're right.

It's cheaper to go for the 10pk instead.

Actually the 10 pack is still less than £15,

So the cheaper option would be to buy 4 X 5 pack= £14.96 and something to get you to £15 then pay nothing on delivery or simply get 5 of the 5 packs for £18.70 , and no delivery charge

It then works out at about 79p each and 25 tapes are certain to last a long time considering they have no "use by" date

In contrast a 10 pack costing £ 11.97 will still attract postage of £4.50 bring the total to £16.40 ( £1.64 per tape)

BrokenArrow

Established Member
Actually the 10 pack is still less than £15,

So the cheaper option would be to buy 4 X 5 pack= £14.96 and something to get you to £15 then pay nothing on delivery or simply get 5 of the 5 packs for £18.70 , and no delivery charge

It then works out at about 79p each and 25 tapes are certain to last a long time considering they have no "use by" date

In contrast a 10 pack costing £ 11.97 will still attract postage of £4.50 bring the total to £16.40 ( £1.64 per tape)

Free postage doesn't apply to the Marketplace.

senu

Distinguished Member
My impression was that marketplace is the use of Amazon by third party sellers and this particular item is actually from Amazon itself.
Maybe you can show me where Im getting:confused: to avoid an unwary purchase

BrokenArrow

Established Member
My impression was that marketplace is the use of Amazon by third party sellers and this particular item is actually from Amazon itself.
Maybe you can show me where Im getting:confused: to avoid an unwary purchase
This quote:
Is what wouldn't get free postage.

Under "Availability: ....
Note: Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk."

Would be sold by Amazon themselves, and would qualify for free postage, if it was over £14.97.

However, Under
"Availability: ....
Dispatched from and sold by flash_memory."

It is sold by someone on the Marketplace.

And in this case, being the Marketplace, the postage charges would apply.

Hope that's cleared it up for you.;)

BTW: Thanks for pointing out that they're now £11.97. They were £12.99 when I ordered them yesterday, which means I can email them and claim £1.02 back.

senu

Distinguished Member
Thanks, so 2X 10 pack at 11.97 each would qualify for free delivery as they are directly from Amazon :
I would still save 50p on each by not buying 10 and paying £4.75 but admittedly that would be tying down £ 23 and the savings may not be worth the outlay unless I was a heavy tape user.

:offtopic:

I was forced to reuse a tape to day to shoot my Church group singing Xmas carol in the High St in Hayes Town . Reviewing the footage just now I noticed the the first 5 min had dropouts ( For HDV on the HC 1) manifesting as random stoppage for less than a second but very easily seen by my 6 year old who felt I must have been playing with the pause button It certainly makes a case for having a few tapes lying about:cool:

BrokenArrow

Established Member
Hey, I just added 4 of these to my basket to see how much postage would be and it came to £14.96 plus £18 P+P totalling £32.96 (£1.65 each).

That's not right at all.:confused:

It should be £4 + 50p per Kilogramme (In this case, 4 items would be £6 postage)

That's £32.96 for 20. Amazon do them for £23.94 for 20 (free postage included)

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
That is common with Amazon market place. I saw a cheap price for some HDV tapes, but they added £4.50 per tape for delivery.

It's worth checking; sometimes even with postage the market place works out better, but most of the time (especially with tapes) if you get them directly from Amazon and spend £15 it works out best.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom