Sony 55XG9505 stuck in boot loop

Faziiiii

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

This morning I switched my TV on and it's stuck in a boot loop. I started the "Factory reset" process but every time I press a button on the remote I get the "Cancel / Reset" pop up.

Has anybody else had this issue? I'm sure it's probably a software thing, but I've no idea how to get past this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried power cycling your TV?
Unplug or switch off at the power socket wait 15 mins then power on again.

Hi, yes. I’ve literally had it powered off at the mains for the past 4 hours and tried to switch it on again. Not any better unfortunately

Were you applying firmware before this started?
Or did it just randomly start doing this?
No - I wasn't doing any firmware update.

I switched it on at ~8am to watch the news. At about 9.30 it started give me issues.

The issue started off as the following:
- Every time I'd press a button on the remote (Both Sky Q & the original TV remote) I'd get a pop up with the options of "Reset" & "Cancel".

I couldn't get past this so I did the forced reset by holding the volume down button and power button. I saw the screen which said "Erasing" and a big green circle. This dissappeared and I now reach the set up screen where I have to choose a language. Every time I press the button on the remote it crashes and reboots.

No - I wasn't doing any firmware update.

I switched it on at ~8am to watch the news. At about 9.30 it started give me issues.

The issue started off as the following:
- Every time I'd press a button on the remote (Both Sky Q & the original TV remote) I'd get a pop up with the options of "Reset" & "Cancel".

I couldn't get past this so I did the forced reset by holding the volume down button and power button. I saw the screen which said "Erasing" and a big green circle. This dissappeared and I now reach the set up screen where I have to choose a language. Every time I press the button on the remote it crashes and reboots.

That doesnt sound good.

Normally a reboot is done by only holding the power button.

Not sure what holding power button and volume will do. You might have trigered an engineer mode?

Hi guys.

This morning I switched my TV on and it's stuck in a boot loop. I started the "Factory reset" process but every time I press a button on the remote I get the "Cancel / Reset" pop up.

Has anybody else had this issue? I'm sure it's probably a software thing, but I've no idea how to get past this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
When the "Cancel/Reset" pops up, can you not press "Reset" to start the process?
Also see my reply to your post here.

That doesnt sound good.

Normally a reboot is done by only holding the power button.

Not sure what holding power button and volume will do. You might have trigered an engineer mode?
It's an android set - the "Hard reset" procedure without the remote is triggered by unplugging it, holding the power and volume down buttons whilst simultaneously plugging it back in.

To update you all - I've managed to resolve the issue! It was a reset, but I one I'd never tried before. I saw a comment on a youtube video which instructed the user to remove the batteries from the remote for 10 minutes and then trying it. This fixed it for me - Unsure what the issue was but it's been absolutely fine since I set it all back up late last night.

Many thanks for your help!

It's an android set - the "Hard reset" procedure without the remote is triggered by unplugging it, holding the power and volume down buttons whilst simultaneously plugging it back in.

I have the same tv and a reboot is done by holding power button and a menu pops up with cancel or restart.

Edit.

So your remote wasnt responding, did you mean the buttons on your tv rather than the remote?

I have the same tv and a reboot is done by holding power button and a menu pops up with cancel or restart.

Edit.

So your remote wasnt responding, did you mean the buttons on your tv rather than the remote?

That maybe how a reboot is done - I was taking about a hard reset. It's very similar to an android phone whereby you can do a hard reset by holding the power and volume down buttons.

The remote wasn't unresponsive, which is why my fix has puzzled me. Everytime I'd press a button on the remote it would cause the "Reset" and "Cancel" pop up to come up and it would automatically restart. Resetting the remote (I guess this is what's happened by removing the batteries for a 10/15 minute period) has fixed it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom