Quantcast

Sony 55HX923 wall bracket (tilting or flat)

GGB

Looking forward to getting this TV and planning on ordering the wall bracket soon.

I'll be putting this screen above a fireplace at 1.4 metres high and sitting just over 3 metres back.

I currently have a plasma in the same position on a flat bracket but I'm wondering if I would need a tilting bracket for this TV with it being backlit LED and 3d?

I would prefer the flat bracket but only if it doesn't compromise the image quality and 3d effect.

Does 3d work better when the screen is tilted towards the viewer?

Cheers.

Moneyboi

Standard Member
A tilting bracket would be ideal if you would like to adjust the position/angle of the tv however this would mean you would have a larger gap between the wall and the tv. So it's all up to you if you are willing to compromise a little in order to get the adjusting feature.

I am having my plasma wall mounted and have bought a tilting wall mount only because I am unsure in what angle I want my tv to be at (depends on my preference and light I guess also where I'm sitting), so ultimately it all depends on your preference and how you like to watch tv.

uxmalik

Standard Member
Im replacing my wall mount LCD with a Sony 55 HX923 which has the monolothic speaker stand. cant find a wall mount which will support.

appreciate any advise.

so desperate even thinking about getting a Microwave stand to reset the TV/speaker stand.

uxmalik

Standard Member
The base does come off; but the TV sounds so much better and it does look good.

The soluion I have bought but not put up yet; is microwave wall mounts which can hold upto 60KGs ive bought two sets to hold the tv with the speaker base.

Still hunting around for a better solution.

Arfa

The base does come off; but the TV sounds so much better and it does look good.

The soluion I have bought but not put up yet; is microwave wall mounts which can hold upto 60KGs ive bought two sets to hold the tv with the speaker base.

Still hunting around for a better solution.
Right, think I reinterpreted your intentions. Didn't realise, you wanted to use the speakers that come with the telly. I wasn't planning too you see. Already got a decent processor/power amp 5.1 setup with huge BK Monolith sub.

Top Bottom