Sony 55a2000 Box Size

jmela

Standard Member
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the box for this tv? I might pick one up tomorrow so I want to make sure it will fit in the minivan.
Thanks,

Jan

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Note also that there is a big warning notice on the box saying that it must not be laid on its side in transit (as one might expect - large sheets of glass must be transported vertically, otherwise they break under their own weight).

This means that you really do have to have a space four and a half feet long by three and a half feet high by two feet wide - if your space is three and a half feet wide by two feet high, that's not good enough.

You will also probably need a degree in mechanical engineering to assemble the stand correctly. :eek: :suicide:

Graham27

Ach, it's not that bad, unless you try to take a bit of initiative and do it without instructions ;) That was my initial plan of attack but I soon saw the error of my ways, stuck to the instructions and it was built in no time.

I actually thought it was pretty helpful the way Sony had the little cardboard cubes to help support the stand when building it. Well, I thought that after I'd fished them back out of the rubbish :D

M

mart.stokes

I actually thought it was pretty helpful the way Sony had the little cardboard cubes to help support the stand when building it. Well, I thought that after I'd fished them back out of the rubbish :D

See, it's pearls of wisdom like that I will need when mine arrives in a week or so! I suppose wanting to switch the telly on is too much of a distraction for many building the stand and makes you rush it.

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
I'm glad I'm not the only person who did that! :blush:

Yeah, important tip: a lot of what looks like merely packaging material (cardboard and polystyrene) is actually essential to the assembly process.

Graham27

Yep, if you take your time and follow instructions it's a piece of cake. If you tear into it like a 6 year old on Christmas morning (moi) you'll end up in a whole world of trouble.

And don't forget to put the little feet on the bottom of the stand. I know one idiot who did that... :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, in the end I was gonna leave them off, but they make the set extremely easy to move if you have a carpeted floor.

And don't do the tempting thing of sticking all your kit on before cleaning the shelves, just to see how it looks. You'll just find yourself cursing 2 weeks later :D

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom