Question Sony 55 XH92 sound options

mickylall

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologise in advance for what is probably a stoopid question but am I stuck with terrible sound on this TV without forking out for a seperate sondbar?
Bought the TV on Friday and I'm very happy with the picture and the set itself but the sound is so tinny it's driving me insane. I've been through the sound options and apart from a small graphic equalizer there's not a great deal I can do to make it sound any better.
The manual is beyond useless it just tells me about options that my TV doesn;t have - Cinema, Sport etc...
So have I answered my own question? Is this set fitted with speakers from a child's Leapfrog Laptop and do I need a soundbar to get some sort of decent sound that doesn't sound like Joe Pasquale talking into a crisp packet?

Cheers

Thanks for confirming that, appreciate it

You should be able to change the sound mode of each input/source on the TV?

On the more recent models I think 'Dolby Audio' has been the 'best' sound mode. I don't have that on my 55XF9005 so I use Cinema sound mode.

However, I do have a HDMI-ARC soundbar and also an Arctis Pro Wireless headset for virtual 7.1 surround sound in the headset for later night viewing.

I can’t find the sound modes anywhere, they’re definitely not where the manual says they are , it’s a puzzler but I don’t think there are any of those settings on this TV

I can’t find the sound modes anywhere, they’re definitely not where the manual says they are , it’s a puzzler but I don’t think there are any of those settings on this TV
On the remote is there an action menu button? Then you press sound > and it brings up a panel on the right hand side and from there you can choose the different sound modes?

Or perhaps you need to press the settings button on the remote which should look like a little cog, and then on the bottom bar which is the quick settings menu and you can scroll sideways to sound/audio, click here and then you should be able to choose the different sound modes available?

That’s the thing, I can find the settings panel no problem but on the sound/ audio section there are very few options and definitely no different modes. The only option that allows any alteration to the sound is a graphic equaliser that doesn’t do a great deal

That’s the thing, I can find the settings panel no problem but on the sound/ audio section there are very few options and definitely no different modes. The only option that allows any alteration to the sound is a graphic equaliser that doesn’t do a great deal
Probably time to post photos of the settings screen/s you are seeing :)

Photos? I can just about send texts! Will give it a go...

Photos? I can just about send texts! Will give it a go...
2B7C8297-C6A5-4E2C-886D-83F5B684D817.jpeg

Bloody hell it worked!
Settings top right of screen, there is also a settings button on the remote, no action button though

E3E9BC66-1C27-4882-A1B5-F9CCE568FB8A.jpeg

D579DCD6-5A85-4A4F-9DB0-A71FC84F1AB5.jpeg
D579DCD6-5A85-4A4F-9DB0-A71FC84F1AB5.jpeg

7FC0E76F-5F62-4B6B-92C1-67FF0C0AE591.jpeg

In sound settings you should be able to change to maybe dolby audio or cinema. Hopefully they sound better for you!

Also try changing picture mode to Cinema or Custom :)

and that's it

84F680F4-3C05-44C1-A001-D7D5D1E0AF22.jpeg

The only thing on the sound customisation tab that makes any difference is the graphic equaliser and that's nothing to write home about

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom