Sony 535 lip sync and multiregion mods

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sjl, Jan 19, 2002.

1. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

Two questions for you.
    I have a Sony 535 player for just over a year now and was watching Shrek the other night and went into the making of section and got this horrendous lip sync.
    Didn't really give it too much thought at the time but last saturday I watched the Mexican and started to see lip sync problems again.Now I don't know if I was imagining the problem because the girlfriend didn't notice it and it was just the fact that the other film implanted the thought in my head.

So my question to you guys is there a known problem with lip sync on this model?Where would I stand with Sony if it is faulty?

Part two of my question now :) .I decided to wait till the player was out of warranty before getting it chipped to multiregion which is probably a mistake now(see above):rolleyes:.
    Assuming that the player isn't faulty who do you reccomend for multiregion mods and what features should I look for?

Or should I just go and buy another region free player?If so what one bearing in mind I do like Sony stuff.

Thanks

Steve

P.S just realised the above is more than two questions :D

2. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has been a problem with Sony DVD players in the past.
    There are firmware upgrades which correct it.

My 725 has a lip synch problem, only on certain titles. Generally, stopping and resuming play sorts it out.

Mike.

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no lip-sync problem with the x35 range of Sony players.

There was on the x25 players with earlier firmware versions.