Sony 52X2000 v the world ?

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by DAMIONH, Sep 14, 2007.

1. DAMIONH

DAMIONH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Could anyone give a newbie some advice please ? . Im aiming to purchase a new LCD, my main specs are 46-52 inch and Full HD and im looking to connect the following to it PS3, XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, Sky HD, Sony RDRHXD1070 and a Top Spec PC (some possibly through one of the Onkyo receivers using HDMI).

There seem to be so many choices. Originally I opted for the Sony 46x2000 and was ready to buy it , then after going into a store I was told that a Samsung or Sharp 52XD1E might be just as good for cheaper money. Ive read lots of reviews that say that the 46X2000 is a great TV and I have seen it in the Sony store, but im looking for opinions from "people in the know" instead of people that might be influenced by what they can sell and make most commision from.

The question is (if anyone can help me) is what should I buy ? I have a budget of potentially £3,000 and know this covers most in this bracket but am unsure which is the best one to go for ? It seems to be so daunting and there are so many questions. For example, what is the likely difference (if any, apart obviously from size of screen) between the 46x2000 and the 52x2000. I must admit my heart is set on the 52x2000 but hopefully someone might be able to offer advice.

Many thanks in advance

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    You can wait and take the Sony KDL-46X3500 or even the 52X3500 which is brand new and better!!!