Sony 525 - Worth replacing?

wilber

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've had my Sony for over 3 years now. I have a few bob spare at the moment and I was thinking of upgrading. BUT is it worth it? I'm not worried about SACD or DVD-A, just great movie picture & sound & can I get a noticable improvement by spending say £400?

Your thoughts & suggestions gratefully received

Wilber
I had a 525 and then got a 900.And to tell you the truth,did not notice any improvment over the 525 in terms of image quality.

I would keep it.Its a cracking player.

I was contemplating an upgrade from my Sony dvp-535 to the 900, but will reconsider now.

cheers i-bert.

Mark

a friend has recently gone 525 to 900 as well. Chalk and cheese in his situation. 900 is in a different class.

I suppose it also depends what you're viewing it on, if you've got a 24" TV there wont be that much difference, on a 8' screen however the difference would probably be significant.

Two extremes but you get my point?

Don't get me wrong,the 900 is a great player,and looks beautiful.
I think i was expecting too much from it,as i too had had the 525 for a few years and thought todays players would be miles better.

But as Couch Potato said earlier,it depends on what your viewing it on.

Thanks for your input - looks like I won't replace my Sony just yet, but that leaves me with the money sitting in my bank account begging to be spent! There's always the Philips DVDR880 I suppose or a nice new AV stand or a new rear centre or .... :rolleyes:

I went from a well loved 725 to the 90the difference in sound quality alone was worth it, as the 900 is available new and modded for £300.oo or less I would go for it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom