sony 5200es hdmi colour problems, picture slightly green

dilfred

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that sometimes when switching between sources/turning the amp on/off that I have a slight green tinge.

My setup is DVD/PS3/sat box connected to amp via various sources (component, hdmi, etc) and then all outputed via HDMI cable to a cat5 link around the room to the TV via another hdmi cable.

Now if i'm honest I am not sure if it's the TV, cat5e links, hdmi cables or receiver that is the problem, but the solution seems to be one of the following:

disconnect a hdmi cable from somewhere, therefore breaking the hdmi link too the tv and reconnect.
switch the receiver off either with the big button on the front, or with soft off via remote.

Is this a sign that the receiver is on the way out?
Is it a cable/cat5e damaged problem?
Is there anything I can do to minimise this problem?
I know there are alot of unknowns here, but simply unplugging and putting by the TV really is not much of an option now, so swapping cables etc. is not very viable, but could if really felt necessary could be done.

It also seems to be a little intemittent, I cannot just turn on everything and it's like that, sometimes it happens alot, other times it bearly happens.

It is most noticeable when things like the play button are pressed which brings up a perfect white triangle, but if the colour is being a pain, it's green tinted.

I thought about leaving the amp on, but it happens just between switching sources, so that is not really a solution.

Any help please appreciated :lease: , am getting a little tired of having to turn the AV off and on again to get it to work. (hmmm, just thought, wonder if turning tv on/off will solve it too....)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom