1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony 510

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dhop, Oct 30, 2005.

1. dhop

dhop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had for a week now, when my didibox picture comes thru the sony it is out put in smart mode, but when i put the sony on standby it goes back to my wide or 16.9 setting, i have the digibox set at 16.9 and also the sony at 16.9. :confused:

2. mtkite

mtkite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the picture from the digibox actually a 16:9 or a 4:3 at the time? What I think is happening is that, when you switch the Sony into standby, the pin 8 signal drops to 0V momentarily from whatever the Sony was driving, then goes to whatever your digibox is driving as the pass-thru kicks in. This may well cause the TV to re-evaluate what mode it is in and change to wide mode.

Does that same thing happen if you have the hing with the Sony on and press the TV/DVD button on the Sony remote?

Martin

3. dhop

dhop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the same thing happens, set up is tv scart 1 rgb > line 1 scart on recorder >line 3 recorder > vcr scart on digibox.........so when recorder is on the picture output from the digibox is looping thru the vcr scart on the digibox then on to scart 1 on tv, :confused: this is the sony manual set up. may be a the vcr scart on the digibox causing the prob? thanks for any advice

4. mtkite

mtkite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, where does the TV SCART from the digibox go? As far as I know, this set up assumes you'll be recording on the DVDR only, not viewing through the DVDR ...

My set up is as follows:

Digibox TV SCART (RGB) -> Sony Line 3 (RGB)
    Sony Line 1 (RGB) -> TV SCART 1 (RGB)

Digibox VCR SCART (CVBS) -> VCR SCART 2
    VCR SCART 1 -> TV SCART 2

I don't use the VCR SCART on my digibox much these days 'cos it only outputs CVBS not RGB (and in my case onlly has the same output as the TV SCART so ...)

When I switch the HX510 to standby, the screen setting may change if I have moved it from the "default" for a particular channel, but this may be related to the fact the TV always auto switches (i.e. watching a 4:3 program, set it to SMART, ads come on in 16:9 so it switches to WIDE, ads over, program back in 4:3, it switches to 4:3 mode ...)

If you are recording stuff from the digibox to the HX510 then you really want to loop the RGB output of the box through the DVDR.

Hope that makes some sense?

Martin

5. dhop

dhop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops: was using the vcr scart on my digibox, instead of the tv scart. everything perfect now. :smashin: many thanks your a star!