Sony 48W600 model

Lunatic77

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in Sony's new 2014 model 48W600. However, it's a bit problematic to find reviews/proper info regarding this model ? Does anyone know more about this model (panel etc.) ?
To make things more complicated, in some countries there is a model called 48W585, which is the same as 48W600, only with 100hz motionflow (?).

Specwise 48W600 seems to be pretty much same as last years 42W653, which has received good reviews.
I'm not interested in motionflow/3D options, just good and solid 2D picture (no clouding/banding etc.) with low input lag is my priority.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm interested in Sony's new 2014 model 48W600. However, it's a bit problematic to find reviews/proper info regarding this model ? Does anyone know more about this model (panel etc.) ?
To make things more complicated, in some countries there is a model called 48W585, which is the same as 48W600, only with 100hz motionflow (?).

Specwise 48W600 seems to be pretty much same as last years 42W653, which has received good reviews.
I'm not interested in motionflow/3D options, just good and solid 2D picture (no clouding/banding etc.) with low input lag is my priority.

Thanks!
Is it the kdl48w605 ? its listed on Currys site now for 749.99 and in stock. I went and had a play around with the 40 inch version yesterday, its a deeper design as it seems to be back lit rather than edge lit, the picture on the 40" version was ok although its not as good as the 42w653, the picture didn't pop as much, it did have 4 hdmi inputs though and the same picture presets including the led motion setting which is not very good, as for lag figures there arn't any available up to now, the remote looked identical to the new w7 and w8 tv. Had an annoying emerald green led light just above the stand. I think the 48" version is using the new 48" samsung panel but don't quote me on that so it should have good blacks levels. One thing I did note about the 40" version is that the screen had great uniformity, I tried a full black slide and a full white slide, no dark edges or bleed, also ran a banding test and there wasn't any, don't know what panel the 40" is using though but the reds looked more of a dark orange colour, I suspect these observations wont apply to the 48, maybe go and see one if you can find stock near you.

the W605 is the european and uk model number.W600 is the US model

W605 has XR 200Hz.There is however another model

W585 only for europe(not sure for UK availability),with XR 100Hz and only in 48"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom