Sony 48a9 – usb recording problems

nec silviu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello! I just bought a Sony 48a9 tv (in Romania) and i am not able to record on usb stick. The TV have the latest firmware version and i’ve tried different usb sticks, in the USB HDD port (all quality usb 3.0 Sandisk sticks with high speed) but none of them are working. The tv is registering the usb sticks but when i push record button (or program a recording in the epg) it shows the red pictogram ‘’’preparing to record’’ and after 10 seconds it shows ’’record cannot start’’. The tests were made both with digital cable tv and satellite but none of them worked. I also have a Sony 49xe9005 who is excelent in recording and never had problems in recording cable tv or satellite (including 4k broadcasts). I also tried the same stick from my old sony to the new one (after formating and registered on the new tv) but it did not work. Of, course, the recordings are working with that stick on a Samsung TV. So, i would like to ask you, owners of that tv, if you are able to record digital tv programs on usb sticks.

I’ve managed to find out where the problem is. I have a CAM CI+ inserted for satellite channels. When i pull out the CAM, the recordings are working both for cable and satellite (fta channels) – sd, hd and also uhd. When i reinsert the CAM, all recordings are blocked. I also tried with a different CAM and the recordings are working. So it seems to be a firmware compatibility bug between sony and some particulary CAM’s that prevent recordings.

I've the same problem on my XH9505, I've found you can plug the CAM in once you start recording for recording satellite stuff. Not very useful if you want to schedule recordings though!

Did you get anywhere with this? Sony support have been useless trying to help me. I'm trying to return the TV for this fault but they won't accept theres an issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom